Monday 15 June 2009

It's time for a clinical blog









I thought that my blogs would be filled with pearls of dental wisdom and handy hints about tooth brushing. All well and good, but when it comes to it, other things seem to come more to mind like sport, sport and music (more on my musical musings to come I fear). However I must confess that the time has come to enthuse about something clinical. Not dentistry but Facial Aesthetics/Rejuvenation - Call it what you will. I got talking with one of my patients a few months back on the use of Botox and Fillers. It transpired that she was working for fantastic company called Dermis Deep http://www.ddassist.com/ who run courses on what people are calling non surgical face lifts. To cut a long story short, a few weeks later I'm placing Botox into my wife's beautifully furrowed brow and although she couldn't possibly look more beautiful, she was delighted with the natural smoothing around her eyes and brow. (Did I get away with that)




What struck me most was how much easier it is to inject outside of the mouth in a dry environment with perfect lighting. I have continued with training in the use of fillers and I really enjoyed doing some lip augmentation. The good thing about these products is that they are not permanent and basically plump out the desired area by attracting water in the skin.




Well now I'm really loving this and on Sunday we hosted the Advanced Course in my practice. I couldn't believe that in minutes you can give a brow lift, cheek augmentation, chin augmentation and soften wrinkles around the eyes. Non Surgically! This is why I believe that Dentistry lends itself well to these procedures. ...and my wife hasn't frowned at me for weeks...












No comments:

Post a Comment